Betting on hockey is very popular. This sport is not easy to predict, but if you have extensive knowledge of the tournament, hockey will be a goldmine for you. In this article, Telecomasia.net examines the nuances of betting on this sport and gives you tips to help you bet successfully.
Features of betting on hockey
- There are usually a lot of events in the line, but this trend is seasonal. In summer, hockey is rarely played. Only in August, the first games begin to appear in the line. In May, everything is declining again.
- Lots of strategies. Every sport has its patterns, and hockey has perhaps the most. Both mathematical and financial strategies and special hockey tactics are suitable.
- You can watch fights online and bet right during the match. Hockey is a sport where events follow each other at lightning speed. That is why it is especially important to observe the game and evaluate its progress. At the same time, it is not enough to follow only the changes in the odds.
- High odds. If the teams are equal, the odds for winning one of them are usually higher than 2.00. After analyzing, the bettor will understand who has higher chances of winning. The advantage is that bookmakers often make mistakes when determining the odds for matches, so the player can find such an option that will bring him a lot of profit.
Types of bets
- Match outcome. It can be solved both in regular time and taking into account the added time and shootouts. The line can often contain both options, so be careful. In regular time, you can bet on either the victory of one of the teams or a draw. With the overtime variant, there can be no peaceful outcome.
- Total. You can bet on the number of pucks for the whole game, in a certain period or space of time (for example, from 1 to 10 minutes). There are also individual totals in the action line (the number of pucks for each team in a period or the whole game).
- Handicap (spread). This is the difference in the score between the teams. Here, too, you can bet on the whole match or a segment.
- Next goal. Such bets are very popular in hockey because they are very effective. A bet is made on which team will score the next goal. In live, you can catch very large odds for this outcome, making bets both on the whole game and on its segments.
Tips for players
It is extremely important to be based on a certain game model. By analyzing and reviewing matches, you will be able to succeed in hockey betting. It is better to focus on one tournament. This way, you will begin to better understand its intricacies and in a short time get to know the specifics of the game of each participating club.
At the same time, the NHL is one of the most difficult leagues to analyze, although it is wildly popular all over the world. A novice bettor should pay attention to the national championships of America, Russia, Czech Republic, Sweden, Germany, Finland and other countries.
If you play according to any strategy, study it in detail and only then test it, betting small amounts. You can also test your strategies using the bookmaker’s guest accounts to avoid losing real money in the event of a losing streak. When you realize that you have found a suitable strategy and have learned how to manage the bank, you can start betting on an ongoing basis.
There are many strategies you can find on the Internet. Most of them might not be helpful to you. We checked through them and here are just two of the most effective ones.
Total of the second period
Let’s say right away that this tactic is recommended to combine with the financial model, which is called the flat system. It assumes that the bettor bets a fixed amount each time (no more than 5% of the pot). So, if you have $100 in your account, bet $5 each time.
The second period in the game is different from the other two. In this segment of the match, the teams switch sides so that the benches are farther away. Therefore, when players change, positional errors occur, and hockey players spend more time sitting on the bench. How can you benefit from this?
Players spend more physical strength, which makes the game less organized. This is especially noticeable in defence, where the lines of defenders become less even, and the hockey players themselves receive unjustified penalties. In this regard, the number of goals is also growing. Experienced forwards and the line of attack, which acts well, easily turns chaos in the enemy’s defence into abandoned goals. Therefore, it is recommended to bet on the total over in the second period.
Before the starting whistle, bookmakers offer a value of 1.5, but already during the game, you can catch a total over than 1 or 0.5 with high odds. If you use the flat system, you will make a profit within a month of using the strategy, even if you only place bets on some championship matches.
Underdog chase betting
The financial model here will be different. The point of the strategy is to regularly place bets on the winning of the underdog. There are such in every championship. Usually, 4 or 5 clubs have no chance of making the playoffs and are at the bottom of the standings. The odds for them to win are extremely high. Therefore, if the strategy does not work, do not worry. Make the second for the same amount if the odds are more than 3, and if you lose, increase your bet by 1.5 times. This should be done until the winning bet covers all the failures.
However, to play this strategy, you need to choose a bookmaker with a high limit, as well as calculate your bank in advance so that there is enough for 8 or 10 bets. The amount will turn out to be quite large.