In this year of 2020, the infectious pandemic known as COVID19 has been publicized. Its first case is in Wuhan, China. The disease slowly spread throughout China, and it also has spread through other foreign countries. This disease has stopped many businesses, school days, it also affected many social and government projects, and of course, it greatly affected the economy of one’s country. With these setbacks, we had a lot of difficulty in surviving the said pandemic.
Regarding school studies, they have decided to use technologies to aid students in learning while they are in their houses. However, there are many loopholes in this plan, such as students eating while having the class, using other gadgets while listening to lectures, and other more disadvantages. In this article, we will be discussing the disadvantages and advantages of using devices as a platform for education.
Advantages of Online classes:
- Reminders– By having online classes, you won’t forget your works, schedules, and such. You can purchase the products of SyncGo Desktop Calendar for the latest graphics for your engine. Just by using this, you can improve your work productivity. Visit here to get your own SyncGo Desktop Calendar!
- Flexibility– By having online classes, you can have a flexible schedule and workplace. For example, you are in your school, and you have projects to be done with the use of computers; in online classes, you can use your gadgets at home to work with it and pass it directly! For your workplace, you can have your online courses in your study area, in your bedroom, in a café near you,o just out in your backyard! By having trials, classes relieve some of your stress only with the use of your gadgets around you, convenient, right?
- Fewer Expenses– By having online classes, you can save up money just from the expenses of commuting, lunches, parking maintenance, fuel for cars, and such. By having online courses, you can save up your money for your interests!
- Self Discipline– By having online classes, you can learn how to manage your time, and you can learn how to persevere without having someone to back you up in crucial times. Just by having some reminders on your gadgets, you can then develop your mind to adjust to your routine of doing your projects!
- Less Intensity– In your classroom, you can feel aggrieved just by the teacher erasing the writings on the board. At the same time, you are not yet done copying it, surprise quizzes project that have been given to you on the same day, and is needed to be passed on the end of classes and exams! In online courses you can screenshot the writings of your teacher, if you doze off in the middle of class, you can voice record or screen record your class video to recheck those that you missed. In surprise quizzes, you can develop a habit of reviewing your notes before sleeping. In school you have to go home tired from the commute and do your homework, in online classes, you can fell much more relaxed since type can be long and intense!
- Easier Access to Learning Resources– While having online classes you can browse information while having levels if the teacher asks you about something you don’t know or something that you don’t understand, internet browsers can help you!
Disadvantages of Online Classes:
- Lack of Gadgets and Internet Connection– Okay, let’s face it, not every one of us has gadgets and internet connection for online classes. This is a thorn in the topic of online courses, other parents who are not rich enough to buy devices such as computers or laptops for online courses find this as an inconvenience.
- No Applications of Teachings– In the curriculum of K-12, they value the application of learnings, that is why we have performance tasks and projects. If the instructors or teachers just focus on theories or teachings of the books, students will find it hard to progress in their life in the future.
- Quality of Teaching– As we all know, teachers or instructors displays their might in front of the class; they can explain and demonstrate the teachings more clearly, but what about if they do that online? Would their teaching skills deteriorate? It might! Not to hate those teachers there, but if some teachers would make a test and the students would share the answers among themselves? What would happen to those teachers that would let that happen? They would be mocked; teachers serve as a helper that leads you to your best possible future.
- Quality of Videos– Some teachers would naturally have lousy internet connections, what would happen if in the middle of their class the video quality would deteriorate? It would affect the teaching the students receive.
- Lack of Discipline of Students– The role of teachers is to guide students to be responsible. What would happen if students disregard the rules of the teachers? What if they were given a deadline for a project and they intentionally did not pass it, and their excuse was that they were sick, that would mean that they lack discipline, they do not care about the rules and instructions given by the teachers! In the classroom, the teachers can talk to them privately and verify if their excuses were correct.
- Impact of Teaching– There is just that different vibe when you compare online classes to offline classes (face to face interaction). The effect of the teachers in the classroom would naturally affect your work environment; their words would just be like magic encouraging you to listen to them and strive harder! While in online classes, other classes would be like a scripted play, the teacher teaches, and the students attend, that is just it. Where is the impact on that? It would just be like listening to a voice recorder; there would be no interaction between teachers and students. It would be a bad work environment if this would happen.
There might be advantages and disadvantages of online classes but both have their impacts on our lives, whether you attend online classes or offline classes (face to face interaction), you just need to work hard to patch up those disadvantaged and hone your advantages! Study hard, you still have a lot of challenges ahead!