Live casino games are a modern technology of playing with a real dealer without leaving your home using an online casino. The technology is based on video broadcasting of the game process in real-time, such as a stream. The broadcast is not from a real casino, but from a specially equipped room where a lot of croupiers are sitting at the casino tables, and in front of them there are not players, but video broadcasting cameras.
Explaining in a simple way, this is a live video broadcast of all the dealer’s actions, such as distributing cards, launching the ball and roulette, throwing dice and other things. Dealers do the same in the usual offline casinos. The idea is simple and online casinos have actively and happily accepted this technology. There is even special software that deals only with live games. An example can be found on oppa888.com.
History of the Appearance of Live Games
There is no official information about who licensed this technology and is now breaking a huge jackpot since this idea is used in all online casinos. They appeared in many casinos immediately. Therefore, it is impossible to find a casino who used this technology first. However, a live dealer has become a revolution in online casinos and that’s for sure. Today, any modern casino is simply obliged to have games with a live dealer. This is just one of the important parameters along with the support service, the number of games, software, etc.
How Live Games Work
A webcam came to the service of the games, which transmits an online signal to the player almost without delay. For online casinos, it happens in the following way:
- Most often, this is the room with many dealers at the gaming tables.
- In front of the dealer is a webcam that transmits the image online, i.e. the player sees everything immediately with his own eyes.
- In front of the dealer, there is a large monitor that contains information about the people who are at the table, their rates and the choice of player actions, chat window, etc.
For players, it happens in the following way:
- There is a window with a video broadcast of what is happening on the other side of the screen.
- There are standard buttons for selecting actions.
- A special chat window allows you to communicate with the dealer and other players.
You select a game and go to the table, indicating your nickname. Choose an empty seat and sit down at the table. The dealer seeing this greets and offers to bet. You bet and you can write something to the dealer or other players while others are betting. When bets are placed, the dealer starts the game. At the end of the game, everything is repeated again.
Communication With the Dealer During the Game
When playing with a live dealer, almost every casino offers the opportunity to chat with the dealer directly in the chat, which is available in a special window. Naturally, a dealer tries to respond, especially if there are few people in the chat.
The following text will present you with the top 3 benefits of interacting with the dealer:
- Due to the fact that the online gambling industry is very popular, the people involved tried to do everything in order to expand and enhance the whole experience. The dealers contribute to the overall feeling and adrenaline rush of gambling. In other words, the presence of the dealer makes you feel like you are in a real casino with real players. Therefore, no matter where you are in the world, you can get that real-like casino feeling through the communication with the dealer. On top of that, you can see real cards and dice being flipped right in front of you which additionally contributes to the real gambling feeling. So, you can forget about those computer-generated sounds and images.
- Fairness is another thing gamblers are very passionate about. The very essence of the game is to win in a fair way. Even though gamblers who cheat have often been portrayed as cool gangsters in the popular media, let’s face it – nobody wants to play with those who play dirty. Luckily, one of the functions of the dealer is to keep an eye on every aspect of the game, including fairness. Therefore, the presence of the dealer is important because he or she will make sure that the game is played smoothly. Further, their job is to make sure that every player follows the rules of the game, so there is no cheating.
- The third benefit of the dealer’s presence refers to the quality of the game itself. Not only does the game get more realistic and fair, but it also becomes more sophisticated and elegant. According to many players, the whole story becomes much more different when you get the feeling that you are in the game with real people and in real-time. Therefore, they contribute to the overall feeling of professionalism. In that sense, you should make sure that you are respectful and kind to the dealer. This is important to mention because players sometimes forget that there is a real person behind the screen, and when you mix that with, for example, frustration over losing the game, things can go in the bad direction.
To sum up, every aspect of our lives has been improved thanks to the progress and advancements in the world of technology. This expansion of the Internet applies to gambling as well. Even though it was probably unimaginable a couple of decades ago, today it is extremely popular to enjoy the adrenaline rush of gambling within the comfort of your living room. All you need is a computer, Internet access, and a web-camera. This is probably the reason why it is such a widespread phenomenon. On the top of that, you can meet other people, and, who knows, maybe you make friends with other players!