Ghana journalist who exposed African football graft shot dead

Ghana journalist who exposed African football graft shot dead

Ahmed Hussein-Suale was near his home Wednesday in the Accra suburb of Madina when two men on a motorbike pulled up next to his auto and shot him at close range, according to the lawyer, Kissi Agyebeng.

But in his Facebook message paying tribute to Hussein-Suale, and saying his team will not be silenced, Anas also posted a link to that Agyapong video. "Rest in peace, Ahmed", tweeted Aremeyaw, confirming the death of his colleague.

According to a police spokesperson who spoke to Agence France-Presse (AFP), seen by Game Yetu, Hussein was shot on the chest and neck by unknown gunmen as he was headed home.

"The Police are still investigating the crime scene and will come out with more details".

The undercover investigation led to the resignation of the head of the Ghana Football Association. Titled "Number 12', the piece was first premiered in Accra on June 6".

Agyebeng, the lawyer for Tiger Eye PI, told CNN that Hussein-Suale started to receive threats after a member of Ghana's Parliament exposed the undercover reporter's identity on live television and encouraged viewers to attack him.

Gates Still Cooperating With 'Several Ongoing Investigations,' Mueller Says
He did not respond to requests for comment for this story. "Prosecutor speak for more indictments", he said. Manafort joined Trump's campaign at the end of March 2016 and was promoted to campaign chairman that May.

Warner Turns Right-handed; Slams Gayle for 14 in 3
But he was forced into a stunning mid-innings change when he was struggling to get Gayle away late in his innings. The first ball he faced right-handed he belted Gayle back over the bowler's head for a six.

Bills hire Bobby Johnson as offensive line coach
One season after allowing a league-high 56 sacks, the line cut the number to a league-low 18. Johnson held that same role with the Indianapolis Colts this past season.

Last October, Fifa banned the former Ghana FA boss, Kwesi Nyantakyi, for life and fined him almost $500,000 (£387,000) after he was seen on camera allegedly accepting bribes. The premises of the GFA was declared a crime scene by local police, the Executive Committee of the FA was overhauled, all competitive local football matches and competitions have been suspended while 69 referees were banned, eight of whom have been sent out of the game for life.

In the past, Tiger Eye had cried out that its staff members were being threatened.

The director of the criminal investigations department, Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah, said: "Our men are on the ground now gathering information".

"The death threats against members of the team were reported to the police and adequate security measures were taken". "Ahmed was an excellent, experienced investigative journalist". "He did extensive work on the Kwesi Nyantakyi exposé".

Dozens of football referees and officials were also banned.

In September 2017, Hussein-Suale shot a video of the coach of the Nigerian national Salisu Yusuf collecting a wad of money, reportedly, $1000 cash which led to the suspension of the Coach.

Related Articles