Father found guilty of organising acid attack on his three-year-old son

Father found guilty of organising acid attack on his three-year-old son

A jury in central England on Wednesday convicted a father of enlisting men to attack his 3-year-old son with a corrosive acid amid a custody battle with the child's mother.

A jury at Worcester Crown Court found the the 40-year-old man, who can not be named to protect his son's identity, guilty of conspiring to spray sulphuric acid on the boy between June 1 and July 22 2018 with intent to harm after deliberating for nine hours.

Prosecutor Jonathan Rees QC previously told the trial the dad was the "driving force" behind the attack, which took place in at 2pm at the Shrub Hill Retail Park in Worcester.

"This case concerns a cowardly attack on a defenseless three-year-old boy in which he was squirted with a solution of sulfuric acid", he said. "The family had been shopping for a birthday present".

He nevertheless welcomed the verdict and noted that the perpetrators will spend a combined total of 78 years in prison.

The court heard the dad even hired a private detective to spy on his wife and children and track her movements prior to the attack.

Mr Rees said the defendant was seeking greater access to the children, but his wife opposed the application and he wanted to create evidence of injuries to show her to be an unfit mother.

Seven family members among 23 killed
On Monday, Ivey signed an expedited major disaster declaration request asking Trump to approve their immediate assistance. They invest in their homes, and they have a sense of legacy. "It's something to leave their kids and grandkids", he said.

Trump pressured Gary Cohn to block AT&T-Time Warner merger
Cohn, however, considered it improper and warned Kelly not to intervene, the report said. Fox, on the other hand, opposed it. I want to make sure it's filed.

ISIS defeat looms as hundreds more leave last stronghold in Syria
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), who said many people had arrived exhausted, hungry and sick. The Trump administration has declared that Hoda Muthana, 24, is not a USA citizen, and has barred her from entry.

"It is a family's life that has been ruined and a young boy that has been scarred for life".

"We hope that now the perpetrators are behind bars, the family can start to focus on the future, and I think I can speak for everyone at the West Mercia Police in saying we wish them a healthy and happy future", said Pettit.

The feud between the father and mother of the injured child, who is said to have made a good recovery since, dated back to the couple breaking up in 2016 and the wife taking their three children with her.

Jurors convicted co-conspirators Adam Cech, Jan Dudi, Norbert Pulko, Jabar Paktia, and Saied Hussini of plotting to spray sulphuric acid on the boy with intent to harm.

Worcester crown court was told the 40-year-old father, a former factory worker and taxi driver who can not be named, arranged the attack to discredit his wife.

The jury is still deliberating over Martina Badiova, 23, of Newcombe Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, who denied the charge.

Related Articles